Parents and children of Sure Start Centres and Residents of Hallmark Care homes all over the country gathered together over the summer to celebrate the London 2012 Festival by taking part in a Family Feast.
British Turkey was delighted to support Love British Food and Family Feasts by supplying British turkey cuts such as mince and breast steaks to Sure Start Centres and Hallmark Care Homes all across the country.
The Family Feasts, organised by Love British Food in association with LOCOG as part of the Cultural Olympiad and London 2012 Festival, saw parents and children learning to cook tasty turkey dishes that they had never tried before. On the menus were tasty dishes including turkey burgers, sausages and meatballs.
British Turkey would like to thank all participating Sure Start Centres and Hallmark Care Homes for taking part in this great event.
If you would like to try some of the tasty dishes from this year's Family Feasts, here are some below:
- Thai Turkey Burgers
- Phil Vickery's Spiced Deep Fried British Turkey Filos
- British Turkey and Apple Burgers
- Juicy Turkey, basil & Corn Burgers
- British Turkey & Bacon Pies
- British Turkey & Broccoli Quiche
- British Turkey Koftas
- British Turkey Lasagne
- British Turkey Paella
- Firecracker Turkey Skewers
- Green Pesto Turkey Salad with pine nuts & iceberg
- Phil Vickery's long, slow cooked turkey drumsticks
- Sticky Turkey Kebabs
- Turkey & Mange Tout Salad