Green pesto turkey salad with pine nuts and iceberg
Green pesto turkey salad with pine nuts and iceberg. Place the mayonnaise in a jug with the pesto, chives, parsley, spring onions...
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Place the mayonnaise in a jug with the pesto, chives, parsley, spring onions and half the Parmesan cheese. Whisk in the vinegar and water to make a loosedressing and season to taste.
Toss together the chopped turkey, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and pine nuts in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
To serve, pile onto plates and serve with crusty French bread and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
© Phil Vickery
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ready made green pesto
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 15g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350g cooked British turkey breast, roughly chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- French bread and lemon or lime to serve
Nutritional values per portion
|Energy ||552Kcals |
|Protein ||36.1g |
|Total Fat ||42.7g |
|Saturated Fat ||7.5g |
|Carbs ||5.3g |
|Sugars ||5.1g |
|Salt ||0.7g |
|Fibre ||1.5g |