Curried British Turkey with Mango
Curried British Turkey with Mango. 1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently sautÃ© the onions, garlic and chillies for 5 minutes.
- Serves: 1
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently sautÃ© the onions, garlic and chillies for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste or curry powder with the flour and continue to sautÃ© for a further 3 minutes.
2. Gradually stir in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Add the diced turkey thigh meat, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the turkey is piping hot.
3. Stir in the yoghurt, the diced mango and coriander and heat through for 2 minutes before serving with the freshly cooked rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste or curry powder
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- 450ml / A pt turkey or chicken stock
- 450g / 1lb cooked diced turkey thigh meat
- 4 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- freshly cooked saffron flavoured basmati rice to serve
Nutritional values per portion
|Energy ||328Kcals |
|Protein ||36.8g |
|Total Fat ||12.4g |
|Saturated Fat ||3.2g |
|Carbs ||18.3g |
|Sugars ||12.6g |
|Salt ||2.1g |
|Fibre ||2.2g |