· A new scientific formula has been revealed to ensure that this Christmas you get to enjoy the perfect Christmas meal.
· The formula investigates how the turkey is cooked and the balance of other foods and condiments it is served with.
· By following this simple formula you can ensure you have the perfect Christmas dinner - pC = 3t + 1.5g + 5c + 150ts + 2r + 3p + 1st + 1s +4B
A roasted British turkey at Christmas is one of the most treasured of British traditions. And getting Christmas dinner perfect can be a daunting task, but a leading scientist has claimed he has the solution to all your woes.
Believe or not the secret lies with science. A formula has been created which will ensure that no one is left disappointed this Christmas Day.
So what do you have to do? Simply follow the formula of pC = 3t + 1.5g + 5c + 150ts + 2r + 3p + 1st + 1s +4B
This formula takes into account the optimal ratios of different meal components to best enhance the texture, flavour and aroma of turkey.
Flavour pairing science reveals that carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, cranberry and cauliflower share several flavour molecules and pair with turkey remarkably well. And with approximately a quarter of the population having a gene that gives them a distaste for Brussel sprouts, the formula shows that eating brussels alongside sweet foods reduces the perception of bitterness by reducing the sensitively of bitter receptors on the tongue.
The formula is
pC = 3t + 1.5g + 5c + 150ts + 2r + 3p + 1st + 1s + 4B
pC = ‘perfect’ Christmas turkey roast proportions
t = medium thickness slices of turkey (each approximately 30g)
g = metric (250ml) cups of turkey gravy
c = medium-sized slices of boiled carrot
ts = grams of turnip-swede mash
r = halves of oven roasted Maris Piper potatoes (approx. 75g total)
p = number of roasted parsnip spears (equivalent to a quarter of a large parsnip)
st = small stuffing balls (14-15g)
s = level teaspoon of cranberry sauce
B = number of Brussels sprouts
Findings from tasting panels revealed the optimal ratios of different meal components to best enhance the texture, flavour and aroma of turkey. These were found to be for 3 slices of turkey (90g):
· 364ml of gravy
· 5 medium-sized slices of boiled carrot
· 150g of turnip-swede mash
· Approximately 2 pieces of halved roast Maris Piper potatoes (75g)
· 3 roast parsnip spears (35g of roasted parsnip)
· 14.3g of stuffing (one small ball)
· Approx. 1 level teaspoon of cranberry sauce
· 4 Brussels sprouts