Information for Caterers
If you are planning your next menu change and in need of some exciting inspiration you've landed on the right section!
Why put turkey on the menu?
- British turkey is an excellent source of protein and the breast meat has the lowest saturated fat content of any mainstream meat – ideal for today's more health conscious diner
- Turkey is also a great source of key vitamins and minerals for health, such as the B-vitamins, phosphorus, selenium and potassium and deserves a place in a varied and balanced diet.
- Turkey is cheaper than other meats but can command same price point
- Roasts account for 20% of sales in UK pubs (source: Pubtrack)
- Lots of opportunities to make most of leftovers, limiting waste and increasing cost-effectiveness of kitchen. Leftovers can be kept in fridge for 3 days – think club sandwiches, salads, pies, wraps etc
Tasty and versatile
- Turkey is a great flavour carrier
- Tastes equally good with both red and white wines
- Suitable for serving hot or cold, starters and mains
- Remember – whatever you can make with beef, lamb, pork or chicken you can make with turkey!
Quality British Turkey
Look out for the following cuts and make sure you buy British – check for the Quality British Turkey and Red Tractor logo when buying:
- Thigh Joints
- Breast Lobes – single and double
- Breast Joints
- Turkey Top (Crown)
- Breast Saddles
- Plus – many pre-stuffed portions